How can you protect your ideas and inventions? What kind of inventions can be patented? What’s the difference between patenting, trademarking, and licensing?
Register for our training on Wednesday March 21, 2018 to find out how to protect your life science or health innovations and how to differentiate your ideas from others. The training is organized by Health Capital Helsinki and NewCo and it is free of charge.
Time & location:
21.3.2018, 10:00–12:30 @ Terkko Health Hub
via this link by Tuesday, March 20th
Marjut Borgenström, PhD, is an Associate Partner and European Patent Attorney (Biology) at Kolster Oy. Mrs. Borgenström has worked at Kolster since 2002, and she has dealt with patent applications of several Finnish biotech companies. Mrs. Borgenström has broad experience in patents related to gene technology, immunology, and utilization of stem cells in medical applications.
In this training, you will get a good overview of intellectual properties (IP), as well as different forms of IP protection. We will go through the basic principles of obtaining patent protection, with a special emphasis on life science inventions.
The training will cover following topics:
- Different forms of IP protection
- Patentable inventions: what can be patented; some national differences
- Patentability criteria and exceptions to patentability
- Examples of patentable life science inventions
- Where, when, and why to apply for a patent?
- Who can apply for a patent?
- University Inventions
- Patent Databases as the source of information and in the follow-up of competitors
Researchers, innovators, clinicians, and start-ups in the fields of health and life science
We hope to see you at Terkko!
Upcoming Trainings for Life Science & Health Professionals by Health Capital Helsinki & NewCo Helsinki @ Terkko Health Hub, Spring 2018
In Spring 2018, Health Capital Helsinki and NewCo will organize a series of training sessions for life science and health care professionals. The up-coming trainings will cover the following topics:
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Secure architecture
- Building global social media presence
- Available financing instruments for start-ups
- Regulatory aspects
- Negotiation skills
- Pitching skills
We warmly welcome researchers, innovators, clinicians, start-ups, and everyone else interested in life science- and health-related topics.